Monday 12 March 2012

Wonderful new desk!

Today work on my office is finally finished and I have a wonderful new computer and a wonderful new desk, which is all ... well ... pretty wonderful, particularly considering I have been working for the last four years on the desk I was bought in 1966 to do my O-levels on, with a variety of pretty horrible chests of drawers to keep things in ...


... NOT a good look!

The man responsible for the miraculous transformation is architect Marcelo Dominguez who runs Casa Homes and Gardens here in Lochwinnoch.

Not only has Marcelo built me this ... wonderful ... new work space, he has also acted as my Spanish Consultant (part of my adult novel, The Faraway, is set in New Mexico).

Today, for example, he advised against naming a house 'Casa de la Media Luna' because apparently that really implies it's a 'house of the croissant'. Instead, I should go for 'Casa de la Luna Cresciente'.Now that is advice worth having.

And here is how the desk looks this evening - lots of smart storage space, about double the work surface, and there's even a hole for the flexes to disappear down into.

WONDERFUL!!!! Or, as we say in Argentina:




Es un maravilloso nuevo


escritorio!


Gracias, Marcelo!

No comments:

Post a Comment